Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ouch

So I think I have my first official Athletic Injury. I had to come home and ice my leg. Which is most definitely a first. My leg was hurting before I started my workout (running on the treadmill at the gym) and then it felt better and then I thought, 'OW.' While I was stretching, I felt, uh, A LOT of pain. I consulted Dr. Google and I am pretty sure that I have got some SERIOUS shin splints going on. Like...SERIOUS. The top of my foot hurts as well, so it's really awesome when I try to walk.

All of that is to say I'm not shredding tonight. I don't think it's a good idea to aggravate my leg and foot any more. Which totally sucks, because today would be Day 24, which means I am SO CLOSE to finishing. I feel like I'm quitting and I'm shocked at how guilty I feel about this. I still plan to do the shred for 7 more days once I feel better, so I'm not ACTUALLY quitting, but still. GAH.

But! On the bright side, this TOTALLY justifies me going out to get some bangin' running shoes. Silver lining, right?

No comments: