Sunday, November 22, 2009

How Bizarre

Today has just been a bizarre day. I didn't get up until 2 pm, which I didn't know was possible when you had a baby. But it turns out it IS possible if your husband gets up with the baby to let you sleep in and then the baby takes a monster nap wherein you ALL sleep an extra 3 1/2 hours. (Note: I didn't go to bed until 4 am. Thanks a lot ill-timed peppermint mocha!)

And then we ate at Bob Evans, which is on our Dayton Eating Bucket List. And I got basted eggs. Which is not normally how I order my eggs.

And then I bought some fancy running shoes. Apparently I over pronate and have an "almost" collapsed arch (is this possible?) and really narrow feet. I totally had to get the AA width because it's the most narrow. WHO KNEW?

And then we went to Wal-Mart and bought a lot of stuff for Thanksgiving, including TWO POUNDS of powdered sugar. And we're planning on using half of that in ONE dessert, y'all.

And then, THEN, I went to Trader Joe's by myself (By myself! I never grocery shop by myself because I am a food idiot.) and wandered around in a complete stupor because I was stunned by all the organic, natural foods. One employee actually stopped what she was doing, pointed at me, and asked, "Are you ok? Do you need help?" Apparently my wide eyed stare and erratic walking pattern were noticeable. I escaped with the most random assortment of food EVER, none of which could compose a meal, but at least it's ORGANIC AND NATURAL AND NITRATE-FREE AND CONTAINS NO ANTI-BIOTICS. (Because a major lifestyle food change is a PERFECT thing to do right before you host a major holiday and move across the country.)

And now I need to clean the bathroom(s). Because Thanksgiving is THURSDAY and our house looks like 7 dirty college freshman guys live here. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

No comments: