Sunday, November 04, 2007

Day 4 - New School

Well, it's Sunday evening, so that must mean I'm doing everything BUT homework. I have a tendency to get REALLY motivated about housework whenever I have homework to do. I'm sure Alex wishes I had a permanent homework assignment so the house would be cleaner at all times. So yes, Sundays seem to be designated cleaning day mainly because of my Monday class.

So while I would prefer Mondays not to be a long day where I have to run around like a crazy lady, I really love being back in school. I'm actually surprised at how much I like learning some of the most mundane things (read: fifty thousand theories that sound REALLY similar all the time). I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to get into the swing of things again and it has been quite an adjustment. I'm not as motivated as I was in my undergraduate days (see: Blogging and watching The Amazing Race instead of doing homework assignment), but I think I have been able to pull it off pretty well so far.

For example, I have a different attitude than before and am focusing more on learning useful things, as opposed to my undergraduate career, in which I stressed and cried and at my way into a really great GPA that would go on to impress....no one. I have my diploma from OBU on display in our house and while Alex very sweetly tells me that I'm a smarty-pants, there really is no other benefit to my killing myself to graduate with a 4.0. So this time? I'm doing it differently. And I love it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some amazing racers to watch and some final questions on counseling theory to write.

No comments: