Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 22 - Thanksgiving

Two posts today!

My first Thanksgiving with my new family has gone pretty well. Alex and I began the day by heading out to the grocery store to pick up a few last minute Thanksgiving Day treats. We also got to pick up an edible arrangement that a friend of the family sent. We then went back to the house and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, which I do pretty much every year. Something about the spectacle fascinates me. Also? I ate doughnuts and fruit during the parade. What a life.

Afterwards, I talked to my parents and my grandmother and then we all ate together. The meal was delicious and our Republican Pie was AMAZING. Unfortunately, I don't have my camera cord with me, but I do have a few pictures of the half eaten success. I'll have to post those later. But everyone loved it and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that I got to bring something unique from my family to share with my new one.

After dinner, we had our official nap time. My future sister-in-law and I have been checking out the Black Friday Ads, watching TV, and of course, eating pie.

I still miss my mommy, but I can't complain. Today has been going pretty well. And we've got Catch Phrase to play tonight and Grey's Anatomy to watch. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I hope yours was as great as mine.

No comments: