Monday, March 24, 2008

A Table, Just Like Real Adults!

Alex and I had a fantastic Easter yesterday. We got up early, went to church, went to IKEA, ate lunch with family, went to Jungle Jim's, and came home. All in all, a nice day.

Was that IKEA, you say? Did y'all seriously go to IKEA on Easter Sunday? Why, yes, yes we did. It was on the way to lunch! I promise! After we got home, we put a little March Madness on and Alex put together the table and chairs. I am SO GLAD he is handy because I kind of hate putting these things together. I mean, I can do them, but I am insanely slow and have been known to get frustrated more than once with this DIY kind of projects. Behold the mastery and skill:





We went with the Bjursta table and the Borje chairs. And I love them. And see? It's kind of like two tables for the price of one. Also note the gorgeous vase on the table. I have been DYING to display it since I got it for the wedding. The flowers in it are super cheap-o though. They have lasted for over 2 weeks, which is a miracle in this house, so they are worth their weight in gold.

We also got curtains. But since I sort of hate the window they're on and I'm too lazy to move the chair, I'll just show you a sampling as a backdrop for the cute little Elephant Palm we also picked up there. Some would say we're addicted, but I say we are just deal shoppers.

1 comment:

Guy and Julie said...

I HEART IKEA!! There is no place on earth that I would rather shop. And half my house is furnished and/or decorated from there. The only problem is that we have to seriously stock up when we go since the closest one is in Dallas. I'm so jealous you have one in the same town where you live. It would be nice to space out the expenditures rather than buying it all at once...