Saturday, September 03, 2005

Good News!

My grandmother is safe and sound! All my friends are safe and sound! Yay! Thanks to all of you who have called/e-mailed/text messaged/commented with your concern. It means so much to me that y'all were concerned about my family. Somehow or another, my Maw Maw's house did not get damaged, so she is staying put with my other relatives there. There's still no power or water or anything, but my mom got to her and brought food and water. She also told me that I probably can't imagine how bad things are down there. What's so terrible is that things are much worse as you go farther south. It's just so difficult for me to wrap my brain around it. The devastation is just so severe. People's lives have been interrupted and for some, ruined. It's truly terrible.

Thanks to all of you who have donated to help the victims of Katrina. I feel like you're helping me as well, since I consider that area my home. Please continue doing what you can. There is a long road ahead.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

So glad to hear everyone is a-ok!