Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I'd totally have glasses like Geordi, I don't care what you say

I have to scan a lot a lot a lot of something at work for something big. Wow, that was quite possibly the most articulate and descriptive sentence I have ever written. God I love the beach blogging about work. (That last part was an inside joke for BGF and Anne. Feel special guys! You got a shout out!) Anyway, all of this scanning means that I get a scanner! Which is really cool because it is MY OWN BARCODE SCANNER. (Note: My scanner is actually much better than the one shown. However, I really wanted the "action" shot of the red laser tearing up those barcodes!) You know you've made it when you get one of those. Not only does it read barcodes, but it makes a nifty beeping noise whenever it does so. And there's the added bonus that should anyone ever send me an encrypted letter written only in barcode, I'll be able to read it!

The problem is that I think someone's going to have to confiscate the thing. Because I have an almost uncontrollable desire to scan MY EYES. Seriously. I can't tell you how many times I want to look right at it's weird hoover like maw and let the red line read my pretty brown eyes. What is WRONG with me? Do I WANT to go blind? Apparently so, because I can't imagine the destructive effect of looking directly into that little red laser. And yet....I want to do it so bad! Maybe it's because I'm convinced I'll become as cool as Cylcops when the red line hits me just right. What with my ability to destroy anything in my vision with my laser red eyes and smoldering good looks, I might even snag a boyfriend! Except it'd probably backfire and I'd wind up only being able to see people if they were barcoded. And really, when was the last time you saw a sexy barcode?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

ROFLOL! Scan away girl! Just stay away from the light! ;)