Saturday, September 17, 2005

Random because I care

I just had a momentary freakout because I was logged into blogger (note: I originally misspelled "blogger" as "blooger." I think that's a much better name.) under my old account and tried to post. Holy crap! I couldn't figure out why there wasn't an option for a title and why I had all of these stupid unplublished drafts. And then I realized I was kvetching around in my past. Needless to say, I got out of there faster than you can say "iceegirl sucks" and headed back to bitter sandy land. It's good to be safe here again.

I'm currently bored out of my mind waiting for Dave to get his late (let's add lazy! too just for good measure) butt over here so we can go see Batman Begins. BGF and I have been dying to see this movie for some time, but unfortunately we both went through a financial crisis at the same exact time this summer and movies were a luxury neither of us could afford. We're still not clear of said crisis, but at least Batman's at the dollar theater now. And I'm hoping it still will be by the time Dave-o gets here. Not that he's an hour late or anything. And hour and 15 minutes to be exact. But I'm not counting.

I'm currently obssessed with A Song for You by Donny Hathaway. I'm not cool enough to know anything about Donny Hathaway save for the information I found while scanning that webpage. But I heard the song on (and yes, I am embarassed to admit this) So You Think You Can Dance? Yeah, THAT show, the one that is kicking off Artem this week. It's a stupid show. But a few weeks ago, they did a lyrical routine to this song and I really liked it. And since I'm a dork, I went and found it on iTunes. It's really quite beautiful and I highly recommend it. You should check it out if you're in the mood for a ballad. If not, then might I suggest some My Chemical Romance? A little Helena will take away all visions of love in your heart.

And I'm actually embarassed to admit that I was stupid and downloaded that song too. So now I must face the fact that I'm one of those people I hate because I just supported emo. And emo sucks. I spit on it. SPIT!

Buuuuuuuuuuut.....the song's catchy, so it gets a place on my iPod. I'm not very discriminating when it comes to my music. Pop is good, people.

Dave's still not here and I've edited this piece of crap post for at least 20 minutes now. If I blew my hair dry and did my make up and not get a chance to get out of this house...oooooh. I will be pissed. A pox on his head!

No comments: