Thursday, August 06, 2009

Where I'm Going

As you may or may not have noticed, I didn't post last night. Sorry about that. Alex came home from work and the three of us hung out on our bed talking and laughing and just generally being a cutesy little family. Alex left to put Jack to bed and I curled up under the covers. And I woke up 4? 5? hours later. Something like that. It was a long time. Apparently, I was tired.

About that last post. I do hope I didn't come across as whiny or needy. After I saw those two very kind comments, I realized I might have come off as "No one cares about me! Boo hoo!" And I didn't mean that at all. And I certainly didn't mean to act like I doubt my internet friends' love for me. So I apologize for that. I know that lots of people care for me and I am extremely grateful for your care and concern.

At any rate, I have been thinking that I'd like to talk more about this past year and the roller coaster that it has been. In order to do that, I feel like I need to reveal some History of Cora as well. My plan of action is to post the story in bits and pieces. In other words, if something funny or cute happens during the day, I can post about that. I won't feel the need to only talk, talk, talk about depression and anxiety issues only. For example, tomorrow is Friday, so I'm planning on doing my 7 Quick Takes for tomorrow. (I've already thought of 4 or 5 already!) But I'd like to share my story and therefore it'll come out as a series. (And hopefully there will be a point in the end.)

I haven't written all of it yet, but it's been taking shape in my head for a while now. I suppose this all came about because I feel as though the unexamined life is a waste. I have simply felt a deep and strong conviction to look at where I have come from and learn from those experiences. I hope you’ll join me on that journey.

No comments: