Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flying High

So I am back home. I'm sorry for not posting for so long, but I did not have much access to the internet. And by that I mean I had NO internet access for several days. And believe it or not, I did not cease to exist. Amazing!

I had a lovely visit with my parents and grandmother. Nothing very exciting and I'm hesitant to blog about my family since they don't read this here weblog. So that kind of leaves me with...not much to talk about. Which is cute, I know. I disappear for a several days and come back with, "I have nothing to say!" Oh internet, you're so understanding.

What I CAN talk about is the flying. THE FLYING. OH MY GOSH, THE FLYING. I was a giant ball of stress on BOTH flights. However, since I am typing this on the ground and in the safety of my own home, you can see that I survived. Here are the high and low lights.

- The airline let Alex and my mom go to the gates to help me with the baby. Which was AWESOME. It made the hassle of security SO MUCH EASIER. It was practically a breeze. Well, as much as a breeze as airport security can be.

- I decided to not even bring a stroller. And I checked the car seat at check in. I used our baby carrier and just strapped the little guy to me to get around. He seemed to like it and he looked adorable the whole time. Bonus!

- Taking off and landing didn't seem to bother Jack AT ALL. I was very, very concerned that he was going to cry/scream/FREAK OUT when his ears popped. But he either did not care or was so distracted by eating that it didn't matter. The little dude loves to eat. LOVES TO EAT. So was it the love of food? Or just the sucking on the bottle? I don't know! And I don't care!

- I was seated by incredibly nice people on both flights. On the way there, I sat by this really nice guy who was on his way home from summer school. While we talked, I realized that I was, like, 10 years older than him. TEN YEARS OLDER. THAN A COLLEGE STUDENT. GAH!

- On the way back, the flight attendant asked me if I wanted to switch to an empty row of seats. It was AWESOME.

- Right after we took off yesterday to come home, I was talking to another passenger about Jack when I felt him pooping. I should point out that I felt him pooping IN HIS DIAPER. Like, I knew he was either passing gas or pooping and I tried not let it show while I finished our conversation. And then I looked down. And there was poop. Poop on his foot. And on his leg. And on my jeans. And on his shorts. And on his onesie. And on my shirt.

- I'm really glad I wasn't sitting by anyone.

- He did not cry AT ALL on the way there. He is a super baby, y'all. But uh, not so much on the way back. He was...unhappy. Quite a bit. I distracted him for most of it. And he fell asleep for a while. But I was VERY VERY glad when we landed.

- Overall, it went REALLY well. But...I may never do that again. Just sayin'.

ETA: Sorry the blog is ugly, y'all. Alex is gonna fix. ASAP. Right, Alex? RIGHT???


Jodi said...

Aaah, the baby poop. I think I wore it more than the kid's diapers did. And always at the worst of times. :D

I am glad you had a good time with your family! :D

Mel said...

Ah the joys of traveling with babies. You just never know what you're going to get:)