Thursday, July 23, 2009

Re Committment

So here’s my confession, I am ALWAYS writing blog posts in my head. Constantly. But I never sit down and actually POST them. For example, I had NO IDEA the last time I posted (previous to yesterday) was about Infinite Jest. WOW. That was a long time ago. I had written posts in my head about our trip to Louisiana, about Jack, about school, about life in general. But I had not posted any of them. AT ALL. So in my head, my blog is thriving. When in reality, the blog is laying fallow. Whoops.

My new goal is to blog every day. I’m hesitant to post this because I don’t want to state my goal and then fail miserably. (Much like Infinite Jest…a book in which I am on page 60 something? Reading! Not a priority anymore.) But I’ve been thinking about this and I really like my blog and I really like writing and I really like reading other people’s blogs. So I just need to get on it and DO IT. The internet has gotten me through some dark days over here at the Sand Palace and maybe I feel as though I should give back. If nothing else, it’s a nice creative outlet for me. A place to do something I’ve loved to do for a long time. A call back to the days when I was just Cora, not a Wife and a Mom. Not that those things are bad. They’re GREAT. But I feel as though doing things just for me that I like are necessary to my sanity so that I can be a great wife and mom. You know what I’m saying?

So here’s to a renewed commitment! I’ve got some ideas percolating for posts, some of which are probably SUPER BORING (I know! I’m such a tease!) But you know what? I like it. I’m writing. I’m posting. It’s good.

4 comments:

philly said...

Please take comfort in two things - I will always love reading your blog and I will always have a more boring blog (boat snacks? Seriously?)!!

Unknown said...

Lilly,

You rock...blogging every day is huge! What if you started out once or twice a week and built from there? Seems like less pressure to me. That's what I felt like when I was hoping to post something once a day.

But I know this...when you post, it'll be awesome! Your writing makes me smile...good luck!

Guy and Julie said...

I'm glad you're going to blog some more. I love reading your posts--you're a great writer and always make me laugh with some unique perspective on something!

Mel said...

yes! sweet! yippee!