Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Are You Kidding Me, or Dell Still Sucks

So Dell? Still sucks.

Alex sent a bunch of polite, angry e-mails proclaiming his lack of satisfaction with the way Customer Service handled the whole Let's-Cancel-Your-Order-And-Not-Tell-You thing. He was told by one customer service rep that they will only take fifty dollars off the price because Dell is not responsible for typos on their own website.

He also called in to talk to someone today and was told that they were out of stock of the camera, so you're out of luck, sucker. The customer service rep insisted that they had proof of the camera being out of stock, because CANON ITSELF was out of stuck. She told him to go look at a particular link on Canon's website to see for himself. So he did. And guess what? Canon has the camera! In stock! After he hung up with this extremely helpful lady, Alex called Dell and asked if he could order an XTi and could it ship soon? Sure they can help him! Because the camera is IN STOCK.

Honestly.

I can't figure out for the life of me why they didn't just honor the price the first time around, apologize for the error, and move on.

In other news, I can't get Leona Lewis' "Keep Bleeding" out of my head. Except that I keep confusing her with Mariah Carey, even though they don't sound very much alike. I guess it's because Mariah is on American Idol tonight and I am dreading it because it sounds like this can only end in heartache.

I still hate Dell.

No comments: