Sunday, July 01, 2007

Faux Engagement Photos

If you woke up this morning thinking, "Gosh, I'd really like to see 20 pictures of Alex and Cora," then today is your lucky day!

Tomorrow, we are taking our official, professional engagement pictures, so I decided we should scout out some good places to take pictures at the local arboretum. But before we left, I also decided that I needed to take practice pictures in Alex's backyard in order figure out what outfit I wanted to wear. As you can tell, it went really, really well:


Yes, the dogs were driving me crazy.

We asked (and by "asked," I mean, "told") Alex's little brother to come to the arboretum with us and take pictures, so we could get an idea of where exactly we wanted our pictures taken.

This was all my idea, by the way. I am the picture nazi in this relationship. Alex loathes getting his picture taken and avoids it at all cost. However, he has learned that he has to at least pretend to humor me, because I am obsessed with taking random pictures.

Here are a few outtakes:


The look of true love! I'm not even sure why I was looking so angry, but there you go.


Happiness personified!! Alex was goofing off and his brother captured my exasperated look at just the right moment.

If you'd like to see more pictures, some in which we look silly, and others in which we look (somewhat) normal, click here. And you can marvel at how well we are dressed for this occasion as well.

Many thanks to Alex's little brother (my future brother-in-law!) for wandering around and taking photos of us when he could have been doing something fun instead. :)

Edited to add: Alex told me I should be funneling you kids to the wedding website. Consider yourself funneled.

No comments: