Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kelly Clarkson!

How's that for a throwback to "The 40-year-old Virgin?"

Anyways, I just bought her new CD, because, as I told Alex, we have to support "our Kelly." Which is funny considering we have a friend named Kelly and I wasn't referring to her, even though she is, indeed, our Kelly, but not a Kelly who records music. At least, as far as I know.

Anyway, Alex and I love Kelly Clarkson and we both fight over who loves her more and this one of the things that made me first realize that I could like this silly red headed boy. Because who can resist a boy who says Lauren Graham is the hottest thing since Kelly Clarkson? Who says that? Seriously? So since Kelly Clarkson played a part in me finding my future husband, I figure the least I can do is purchase her new CD which has been shrouded in controversy since day one. Perez Hilton has been talking about how this album is going to suck for months now and everywhere I turn, people say they hate her new single.

But I gotta say, I kinda like it. Sure, it's a little "Debbie Downer," but who hasn't gone through that before? Two years ago, I was right there with Kelly and probably would have put this entire album on repeat and sang it melodramatically while driving around in the old Sentra, because, you know what? Sometimes life sucks and the only thing that makes you feel better is singing along with other miserable people.

Was there a point to this post? Not really. And for that I apologize.

We'll return to your regularly scheduled wedding blogs soon. Those are way better than my uninformed album reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I just bought this cd last night, but haven't gotten to listen to it yet. But I was a little apprehensive about it, so I'm glad to know you liked it. Go Kelly!