Sunday, June 24, 2007

Not so mighty, y'all

Alex and I went to the drive in Saturday night and it was fantastic. We treated ourselves to a cozy date for two while watching, "Evan Almighty," "Knocked Up," and "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer."

"Evan Almighty" was fantastically disappointing. I was rooting for this one since I loved "Bruce Almighty" and I adore Steve Carrell and Lauren Graham. But Wanda Sykes stole the show and the entire movie, which should give you a pretty good idea of how BAD it was. The guy who plays Andy Bernard on "The Office" had a cameo or two and that was also a highlight. But...the movie itself was lame-o. Alex and I both hated it and it pained us to diss on something our beloved Michael Scott was in, but what can you do? It sucked. The plot was so stupid and get this: the ark is just a giant acronym. Seriously.

I was going to say other things, but now I'm depressed from thinking about how much I wanted "Evan Almighty" to succeed and it totally bombed at the box office this weekend. Poor Steve Carrell. I love him. Does he have a potentially controversial album coming out soon that I can buy based on principle alone? Because I'm so not above that.

No comments: