Thursday, June 01, 2006

Historic sunburning

My company was filmed for a television show on the History Channel today. Which is cool because I've always wanted to be a star on the History Channel. Except not at all. The girl who sits next to me was shocked that the people behind the cameras were young. She told me that her boyfriend makes her watch all this stuff on that channel and she expected everyone who worked for them to be old. I smiled and nodded because this was right after she asked me who invented ticks. (The bloodsucking, parasitic kind, not the Taylor Hicks quirky kind.)

Anyway, the entire experience was something of a letdown because I didn't get filmed. At all. They were avoiding my part of the office like the plague...as if watching a bunch of people sending e-mails and pretending it's work isn't compelling telelvision! In the end, it turned out okay that I wasn't given my big media break. Not because I wasn't prepared, oh no. I had purposefully gone to bed early last night, with a very cute and business-like outfit picked out and carefully hung in my bathroom to insure lack of wrinklage. I even switched purses so that I would match and look highly professional, yet sexy and young. And then I woke up this morning and realized that my scalp had revolted.

Except I didn't notice immediately. And as I mentioned before, I managed to miss a very critical section of skin right at my hairline. So I went to put make up on it to help cover up the redness and then realized that skin was sort of (gross, I know) hanging off of it. And by then it was too late and the dead skin had become Cliniqe-i-fied and so there was no going back. I was going to have dead skin the color of my foundation laughing at me all day. What do you do? I mean, what do you do? Do you let it naturally leave you as all things in this world will one day? Or do you force it from your body in an act of power over nature?

I decided to just let it go its own way because it wasn't a battle I felt fighting. I did, however, comb my hair over in my best possible Donald Trump impression. It was awesome. And you will never see it because I will not be on TV. Bummer. But it must have look slightly different because the president of the company passed by me and said, "Your hair's different." Yes, thank you for noticing the haircut I got A MONTH ago.

In other news,

Parsnip didn't give me these.

No comments: