Saturday, October 22, 2005

Celebrating the Devil's Holiday in a Hogwarts Robe

I've been invited to a costume party. Yes, you read that previous sentence correctly. I have been invited to something that functions as a social event. I'll wait while you pick yourself off the floor.

But the problem is that it's a costume party and I have never ever been to a costume party before. Mainly because I am a loser. But also because my parents are very religious and believe Halloween is a day dedicated to Lucifer himself. So I spent pretty much every Halloween sitting in my house in the dark praying that the kids trick or treating would hurry it up already and go away. I couldn't watch TV while those boogers were knocking on my door asking for candy!

So now, here I am. A 25 year old woman who has no idea what she wants to be for Halloween. Suggestions? Ideas? Questions? Concerns? I am personally leaning towards a Hermione Granger look, except that those freaking Hogwarts robes are EXPENSIVE! And I just don't want to pay $40 for the robe and then spend even more money on the shirt and tie and shoes. And well, it's only a party, not a job interview. I found a cute Candy Corn costume, but I am pretty sure the last time I was small enough for me to fit into it, I was going through that awkward puberty stage.

Help!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I have never been to a costume party, or halloween party for that matter, either.

Hmmmm what does that say about me? ;)