Friday, June 18, 2010

Seven Quick Takes - 6/18/10

1. I love Netflix. We've successfully watched all of "How I Met Your Mother." So our next project is tackling "Veronica Mars." So far, I'm really enjoying it. Kristen Bell is so cute and likable.

2. In my never ending quest to be a hippie, I've decided to no longer use regular face wash. I am using my own homemade concoction of Extra Virgin Olive oil and Castor oil. Don't worry, I didn't make this up. It's called the Oil Cleansing Method and real people actually use this stuff regularly. I've only done it for two days, but I can already tell a difference. I've had three obnoxious zits on my cheek for at least a month now and this morning, I noticed that they were already smaller.

3. I attended my first Moms at Play small group at church. I was nervous that I would either 1) Make a fool out of myself or 2) Not get to talk because Jack would be too busy getting into things. Neither one of those happened and we both had a great time. Hooray for fellow moms!

4. I started training for a 10K last night. I downloaded this app and survived the first workout. I am grossly out of shape, especially when it comes to running. But I know I can at least do a 5K and I am DETERMINED to get my running stamina back.

5. I drove to Louisiana and back last weekend for a wedding shower. (The shower was lots of fun and had the best food EVER.) I enjoyed the solo time driving as well. In case you were wondering, I have 73 songs by Glee and it takes over 4 hours to listen to all of the songs in a row. Impressive or terrifying? You be the judge!

6. I've been doing a lot of reading yesterday. If you take a peek at my sidebar, you'll see I updated the "Reading" section with books that I have read this year. I'm planning on doing a more in depth book review post in the future, but all of the books I have read this year have been pretty good, except for "The Red Tent," which made me want to punch myself in the face by the end.

7. I'm thinking about signing up for this. The half. Not the whole. Am I crazy? I kind of want to hyperventilate just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Philly said...

I have missed your Friday posts!

Guy and Julie said...

We've never done netdlix, but I'd like to try it. I hate going to the store to rent. We use redbox a lot, but the selection is limited. I'm impressed with your running and goals. I've actually tours with the idea of taking up running after my knee is healed and string again. It won't be pretty if I do. AND I think it's a good idea to make your own products. I've started doing that too-so far I've made dishwasher cleaner, glass cleaner, and natural disinfectant. So far so good. When you get started reading about all the chemicals we put on and in our bodies it scares me!! And since I wear my baby I guess I'm turning hippie too... Ha!!