Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Playing Catch Up

- This week has been a gym FAIL. I'm going to do my best to AT LEAST make it to yoga tomorrow night. We'll see. Sometimes life gets in the way, eh?

- We finally, finally, FINALLY watched (500) Days of Summer even though we've had the DVD for weeks now from Netflix. And gosh darnit, if I didn't absolutely love it. It was funny and sweet and sad and so darn real. I highly recommend it. And if you're also a Friday Night Lights fan? Then it ends on SUCH a happy note.

- I have been threatening to make smoothies at home for weeks now and finally dug the blender out from its corner in our teensy kitchen. It was pretty delicious and I started making grand plans of making the baby his own smoothies! And Alex and I could have smoothies all the time! And let's Google smoothie recipes! And then what did I do? Spilled it all over the carpet and everything else in the nearby vicinity. So hooray for getting a carpet cleaner because you live in an apartment with light carpet and you spilled a dark purple smoothie everywhere!

- (The stain is looking at me right now. And it is LAUGHING.)

- I have been off of Facebook for what? Two weeks now? And it is STILL my third most visited site. Sheesh. I really DID have a problem.

- I am madly in love with Lady GaGa's "Telephone." Not so much the video. I am the first to admit that I don't "get" her. In fact, she kind of grosses me out sometimes. (Okay, a lot of times. It's just too much. Put some pants on! And leave your hair alone! And flip flops are AWESOME. Wear them, lady!) But the song? Oh, the song. It's just pure pop goodness. And it's all about shaking your booty on the dance floor and that is a sentiment I can fully support at all times. And it has Beyonce and she is fierce, (but NOT Sasha Fierce, yo). I downloaded it a few weekends ago on the way to Dallas and when I got home, I synced my iPhone and the song had 27 plays in the last 48-ish hours. That is commitment, y'all.

- **I had a really large paragraph written here and then I just deleted it. Am paranoid and sensitive about writing about parenting-related things.**

- Parenting! It makes you want to drink. Oy VEY.

- In other news, there is a dentist office that we often pass on our way home that has the world's worst dentist sign. It reads (and I quote)

Dentistry is not expensive.
Negligence is...


Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Do they really think they're going to draw people in by calling them negligent idiots? Who thought that was a good idea? I'm not a marketing expert, but I'm their target audience and I am calling that a marketing FAIL. And why end it with an ellipses? That is POOR GRAMMAR. So not only are they jerkfaces, but they also suck at grammar! I think I'll take my neglected mouth (and money) to the dentist across the street who has a surfboard on his sign. That is WAY more appealing.

No comments: