Sunday, March 14, 2010

Facebook Out

So I deactivated my Facebook account.

I'm not exactly sure why, either. I think it had something to do with the fact that a few people I know have recently done this and my immediate thought was, "Oh, I could never do that." And then I was like, "Really? Seriously? You can't live without Facebook? Lame, Magee. Lame!"

So Monday, I decided to pull the plug on a blog that I have been reading for years now. (And that is something I never, ever do. But I was tired of this person and ready to take a break.) And I thought, "Why not ignore Facebook for a while too?" And I came so close to not deactivating it and again, I was like, "Really? It's FACEBOOK. Not oxygen."

I was pretty addicted to it, you see. It was, BY FAR, my most visited website and basically served as the gateway drug to internet time sucking. And we're having (lots!) of visitors next month and our apartment is just sad. Things still in complete disarray and just cluttered and crappy. And I was growing weary of it and getting a little panicky that I couldn't get it together in time for the onslaught of parents for Jack's first birthday in three weeks. (OH.MY.GOD. THREE WEEKS UNTIL MY BABY IS A YEAR OLD.) So I decided to pull the plug and see what happened. I was expecting to feel all liberated and free and uh, other synonyms for that.

But, um, no. I miss it. I don't feel free or anything. But I am TOTALLY more productive. Like, a hundred million times more productive. It's AMAZING. Our closet is clean and organized. Our paperwork is organized. My planner is full. Laundry is done (albeit not folded). I like the productivity.

But I still miss Facebook.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

LOL! I can't tell you how many times I have thought of doing that.

All things in moderation....

philly said...

Laundry is done? You are very productive! I am off of facebook for awhile but can guarantee that laundry isn't done :-)

Mel said...

Yeah I feel guilty for not checking it more. Is that a sign I should quit? And yet still not much getting done. Any motivational tips??