Monday, January 04, 2010

Monnnnnnoooooooooooo

So! I didn't sleep AT ALL last night. And it wasn't because I had slept all day and fulfilled my sleep quota for 24 hours. Nope. I napped for a few hours and then I just.couldn't.sleep. I was in too much pain and my mouth was really dry and I am so freaking tired of MOUTH BREATHING, OMG.

I called the doctor this morning and they were able to get me in pretty early. Alex didn't feel comfortable with me driving, so we took a family trip to the doctor. Except half of the family stayed in the car and one third of the family napped.

And guess what? I don't have the pig flu. Or the regular flu. Nor do I have the strep throat. But it could be the MONO. Oh ho yes! MO.NO. That would be just lovely, wouldn't it? I doubt it is, but my doctor took my blood (The actual doctor...he couldn't find a nurse to take my blood. I was so nervous when he walked in with the needles and vials. I wanted to ask, "When was the last time you drew blood?" But I didn't because I didn't want to make him mad and/or nervous before he stuck me with a needle. But he did a great job! Way to go doc!) and will call me tomorrow with the test results. But seriously? It's not the flu? We ALL thought it was the flu. Since he wasn't exactly sure what was wrong with me, they gave me a steroid shot and sent me home with a Z pack prescription in the hopes that it would make me feel better. Because I was, in my doctor's words, "really, really yucky."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

And seriously, I am not sure what was in that shot, but it must have been unicorns and rainbows and puppies and baby smiles because I am feeling TREMENDOUSLY better this afternoon. Like, I feel like a human again. A HUMAN! I have a feeling once I go to sleep tonight, I will GO TO SLEEEEEP.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

In other news, my child officially weighs 20 pounds. TWENTY POUNDS! Bless his little solid self. He's also 28 1/4 inches long and has a ginormous head of 18 1/4 inches. I'm still really hesitant to hang out with him since I might have FREAKIN' MONO and I'd like to avoid giving my child a virus that could last for months. But I did give in and held him a few times today and put my cheek on his head and kissed the air, so it was sort of like kissing him and I can't wait until I can be normal around him again, heissocuteIcan'tstandit, OMG. Also, he did great at the doctor's office and even SMILED at the nurse who gave him his shots. Which makes him a better person than me, because I most certainly did NOT smile at the nurse who gave me my shot this morning. (This is all second hand as I didn't go to the appointment for fear of infecting all small children with The Sickness. Hooray for good dads!)

(And uh, still no pictures. 9 month shots = sleeping baby, on the real, yo)

No comments: