Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh yeah, hey, hi!

Gosh, y'all. I know, I KNOW. I get all whiny and dumb and then I just leave it up there for weeks at a time. And it's embarrassing.

But I am actually busy. I leaving tomorrow morning to fly back to Louisiana to hang with the fam while my dad recovers from the scary spine surgery business. Oh what? Did I not really talk about that? Oops. See? I AM busy. I missed a chance to complain!

But suffice it to say that when we showed up at the hospital Friday morning and the surgeon came in and said he was pushing it back till Tuesday, I was NOT a happy camper.

So here I am, with less money, less sleep, more stress, and a plane ticket to New Orleans. It sucks yes, but I'm pretty excited that I've got family who is important enough to turn everything upside down for. And I've got a husband who is willing to drive me to Indianapolis so I can go back down again. This will be our second week apart in a row and when I pictured our first year of marriage, I certainly never dreamed of the amount of heartache that would come. But he's been nothing but supportive, despite the ulcer searching for a decently priced plane ticket last night. So life is good and bad and hard and wonderful. Pretty much the same as always.

No comments: