Sunday, June 29, 2008

Drive In or Nothing Exciting in Particular, but Hey, There's a Few Pictures!


We took the new car to the movies. Alex and I really enjoy going to the drive in during the summers, mostly because we are very cheap. There is also that fun, old fashioned feeling that you get when you drive in and find a suitable place to watch the movie. It always makes me want to wear a poodle skirt and make out. But don't worry! Neither of those happened!

We were also really excited to see how well the Vue could handle our movie watching needs. I am pleased to report that it passed with flying colors.

We didn't go to our usual theater because we really wanted to see "Get Smart." I loved that show when I was kid and was a little nervous when I heard they were making it into a movie. I purposefully waited until after the reviews came out before I decided to see it or not. I'm a little untrusting of Steve Carell after that whole "Evan Almighty" disaster.

Where was I? Ah yes, the drive in facilities. They were...interesting? I wish we had thought to take more pictures because it looks abandoned when you first encounter it. And there were actual gangs of children running around playing various sports. At one point, they moved the game over to right in front of our car. I thought about yelling at those young whipper snappers to move along and shake my cane at them, but I refrained. They moved on and my blood pressure went down and life was good.

The movie was surprisingly entertaining, though a bit predictable. I saw the "twist" coming a mile away and really, I should know by now to say these things out loud before they happen so I have evidence that I actually DID see it coming. Maybe next time.

No comments: