Thursday, June 26, 2008

Out with the Old

Alex and I have long discussed getting a different vehicle to replace the Sentra with. We were looking for something more family-sized. Not that we are in the family-way, mind you. But it'd be nice to have should something family-like occur. It would also be good when you have a lot of stuff to bring to the lake. Particularly when that stuff included a big, hairy dog who likes to sit in your lap and frankly, has no choice in the matter anyway, because there is a cooler in the backseat with you. Not that I'd know anything about that from personal experience or anything.

So we decided to keep our eyes open for any good deals and be prepared to let the Sentra go if the time came.

Well, my friends, the time came. In the form of 0% interest from our friendly local Saturn dealership.


Now, I have never been a fan of Saturn. In fact, I refused to even consider them for a very long time because I used to date a guy who told me only lesbians drove Saturns. (Ok, so maybe he told me that statistically, lesbians drive more Saturns than any other car, but whatever.) And since that relationship didn't work out, I thought that I should let all the single dudes all there know that I was into their kind and the only way to do that was to not drive a Saturn.

Wow, that was even more embarrassing to type that I thought it would be.


Clearly, I have gotten over this.


We wound up going with the Vue because it was bigger than the (beloved!) Sentra and had comparable fuel economy. It was also super cute. And came in a pleasing deep blue color. Also with a sun roof. And heated seats. In our price range.


This is my first new, new car and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm also thrilled that my first new, new car was purchased with my exceedingly handsome and charming husband.


Hee. It's just so cute. I love it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just love that car!! it is just so cute i actually looked at those before i bought my car ...we almost had matching cars...lol