Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Procrastinating because I can

There's any number of things I could be doing right now. Reading, cleaning, studying, exercising. But I don't feel like doing anything except sit on the couch. I can't be bothered to pick up a book and hold it. Or clear one of the 4,729 plastic bottles we have laying around the house. Or study for my two mid-terms next week. Nah, I'll just sit.

I did get an invite to join the Facebook group for my 10 year high school reunion. Well, it wasn't really an invite, but a link from a girl I graduated with. You have to be invited by the administrator, who, surprise, didn't invite me. So I had to ask to join the group and no joke, I was afraid to because she might say "no." Because I am not "cool" enough to join the group. And I must say that that initial reaction shocked me because I am 27 years old and no longer in high school. And yet I still feel inferior to the girls on the dance team. And this was AFTER I had initially decided not to join said group because I was "too cool" for it. Wow. I need therapy.

No comments: