Sunday, January 20, 2008

So there's this game I've been playing...

Alex and I finally, FINALLY found Guitar Hero III for the Wii last week and between it and class, I have had no time for blogging. I have been wanting this game for a while, but it took my brother-in-law buying Rock Band to convince Alex that you can COMPETE in that game and he had to be BETTER than people at it. Boys.

So I finally got him on the Guitar Hero bandwagon, but the game was nowhere to be found. It was sold out online at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Circuit City. It was available at Amazon for an inflated price, so that was out as well. We called every Gamespot in the Dayton area and couldn't find it. Last Saturday night, we checked several different stores in the mall, more Gamespots, Circuit City, and Sam's and nothing. We had pretty much decided Guitar Hero wasn't available that day, but on a whim, we decided to try GameCrazy since we were driving right past it and they had it! Sucecss! Finally!

So we've both been playing all week, although to Alex's dismay, I am actually better at it than him. Which is disturbing since he beats me in all video games and in pretty much all things sporty. However, while he seemingly excelled on easy, I have kicked his booty in Medium. Yes, we have already beaten the game on Easy and I am only one level away from winning on Medium. Alex? Still stuck on the first boss on Medium. Ha! Victory! For once!

I write this as he practices, so he'll probably come back and kill me on this level, but I'm enjoying my victory while I can.

Also? It is currently 15 degrees out and feels like 1! That is far too cold to go outside and while we had high hopes of getting the kitchen painted today, I am thinking it's not going to happen. It's just too cold to function right now.

But! We are out of hot chocolate and I have no soup for lunch tomorrow. So maybe, just maybe I'll venture out to in the cold today. Or I'll get Alex to pick it up on his way home from basketball tonight. Which he might not do after reading this post. Oops.

No comments: