Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm a Winner!

You may or may not know that NaBloPoMo offers prizes to those who participate. Many of these prizes are fantastic handmade goodies, the likes of which you can find at Etsy. As Alex can attest, I went through all of the links to the prizes and proclaimed multiple times in variable whiny pitches that I wanted to win a prize. I want a prize! Right now! Before my juice and nap!

So yes, I was totally stalking the site Sunday night when prizes were announced. And guess what? I WON A PRIZE. I know that comes as a shock to you, considering the title of this post, but it's true. I WON SOMETHING. As many of you know, I am neither lucky nor athletically gifted, so I usually don't win things. Unless you count that one time I won the Social Studies Fair in the 10th grade.

So yes, my prize is a lovely small quilt from Julie. I'm so excited I could throw up. And when it gets here, I will, of course, post multiple pictures of my awesome, hand made prize.

In other news, I took my final final today, so I am done with classes until January. That is a full month of non-school bliss, people. Celebrate with me!

Also, I have discovered that I have a weird new love for "Everything Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police. Do not ask me how this song escaped my attention these 27 years of life, but it is true. But now, I have found it and I love it. Much to my disappointment, I discovered that Alex and I do not own a copy of this song. We have over 20,000 songs in our library and there is nary a Police compilation in there. :sigh: We do have a few singles and while "King of Pain" is freaking fantastic, it's no catchy magical feeling song sung by Sting. You know what I'm saying?

I should decorate my our Christmas tree. I haven't done that yet, which makes me a bad American, I think. But I have excuses so hopefully the Christmas Police do not take me away. Hopefully. At least not before my quilt arrives!

1 comment:

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Hi Cora, I'd love to send you your prize, but I need your real life snailmail address. My email is juliezs at yahoo.com