Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Head. Still Aches.

Hi! I've come here to complain.

So the headaches have not gone away, despite my multiple doctor trips that have involved testing and prescription runs. My family doctor thought maybe it was my sinuses. This made sense to me because I do have a very persnickety set of them. I've struggled with my allergies all my life and living in the Land of Allergens has not helped. He prescribed some kind of steriod pack to reduce swelling or something (I was paying a lot of attention!) and sent me off to get a CT scan of said sinuses. He was pretty convinced I had a "sinus disease" which sounds way worse than a "sinus infection." Way to freak me out, dude.

So the test came and went without a hitch and he called me Monday to basically tell me that my sinuses are not really diseased or inflamed or infected or anything. My right sinus is angrier than my left...but that's it. Nothing else to explain the intolerable pressure in my head that I experience EVERY SINGLE DAY.

So my next stop on the tour o' doctors was the eye doctor today. I have been blessed with incredibly good vision and have always been extremely thankful that I don't have to worry about glasses or contacts. But I thought that maybe my eyes were weakening in my old age and the strain was hurting my head. (Side note: I kind of want to be an eye doctor now. I could totally blow air in people's eyes and then say "Better? Or worse?" over and over again. I hadn't been to the eye doctor since I was 6 or 7 and it was the same!) And to my (ridiculous, yes) disappointment, I have 20/15 vision. 20/15! My eyes are perfect! I don't need glasses at all! I have good, strong eye muscles (the only strong muscles I have, might I add) and no evidence of diseases or anything. Le sigh.

So we're back to the drawing board. I still have headaches. (I have one right now!) And it's not my sinuses or my eyes. My doctor doesn't think it's migraines, but maybe he's wrong. I really, really, really don't want to go back and get an MRI, but I also really, really, really don't want to get fired and divorced because the pressure in my head is making me really, really angry.

Anybody know anyone who can do brain exams on the cheap? I'll be a fantastic guinea pig!

No comments: