Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Girls Rule


So I bought Gwen's new album. Notice that I called her "Gwen," like she's my friend. As if she and I went to high school together and hung out at lunch and giggled about boys in homeroom. Which we didn't. But I bet we would have if we had gone to high school together and I wasn't so deathly afraid of her and her coolness to speak.

Anyway, the album's kinda weird.

There. I said it.

I put up with a lot of strange stuff from Gwen because she's Gwen Freakin' Stefani, but girlfriend has got some seriously weird taste. There's this one song called "Yummy" and there is no other word to describe it besides "weird." Sometimes I think she just gets bored and so she throws together anything and everything and calls it music. I like to think that she and Pharrell sit in the studio and eat bon bons and sample tracks until something strikes their fancy and then they both yell, "That's it!"

And yet I enjoy it. I'm hooked. That's all on there is to it. So good on ya, Gwennie.

In other news, I'm in love with Angelina Jolie. I can't help it. I really, really, really am. I want her to adopt me. Soon.

No comments: