Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Time Is Here








The tree! Isn't she beautiful? My very first attempt. You like?







This is the $4.88 tree skirt that saved Alex's and I relationship. Thank you Wal-Mart for something simple, cheap, and red.

My second favorite ornament. I got it at Cracker Barrel, the second happiest place on earth. He's so cute and wooden and button nose-y.

My absolute favorite ornament because he is a fat snowman. And the only thing better than a fat snowman is a fat cat. But since Cracker Barrel was fresh out of fat cats, the snowman had to do. But I love him. He's cuter in real life, but what you gonna do, internet? Come visit me, you say? Okay!

I'm happy to report that Dayton has magically escaped the horrors of the wacked out weather apocalypse of the last day or so. Apparently the temperature dropped 20 degrees around noon, but I was safe inside my office hell and had no idea. So now it's windy and cold and I'm ready to whine about living up north. But since it's freezing in Louisiana, I won't. I will, however, complain that Parsnip has the worst gas known to man right now and she is kinda ruining my Christmas moment tonight. I actually caught White Christmas at the very beginning on TCM. Which is amazing and perfect because I've been wanting to watch it for days now. But since I'm lounging on Alex's new (to him) couch and procrastinating on Christmas cards, I didn't have my DVD copy with me. But now I have Bing and Rosemary and Danny and Vera right here on Alex's too huge TV for me to enjoy while I blog and read about Lindsay Lohan's sad, sad life. Nothing says Christmas like a 20-year-old starlet in AA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about my Ohio State ornament??? That is the best ornament on the tree ... hands down.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!