Thursday, February 17, 2005

Beautiful Day

I sometimes wonder how my life would be if I hadn't moved to my current state of residence. I live farther north than I ever wanted to and sometimes the dull winter and dark gray skies overwhelm me. I swim in a sea of melancholy and drink deeply of misery.

It was actually warm the other day. Yes! Warm! Actual heat! With sun! And I was immediately transported to NOT here. I was back in college. Where you could afford the luxury of an outdoor nap on a blanket. Or memorize sonnets while watching frisbee golf. A place where I felt loved and safe and known.

Here, I am only a girl. A strange woman-child who takes on too much and fails often. There is so much failure and disappointment and heartbreak in my history in this state. And I wonder, should I move on?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I get those "winter blues" too but they more resemble the "kill-me-now-I-can't-deal-with-the-lack-of-sun-and-warmth-ANYMORE".

I live in the great state of South Dakota where it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I long for the days when my kids are grown and out on their own and I can migrate south. Someday.....