Friday, December 10, 2010

7 Quick Takes - 12/10/10

1. Living in a tiny apartment has its challenges. Particularly during Christmas time. Our tree BARELY fits in our "dining" area. I wrapped a bunch of presents last night and it was like a game of Tetris trying to fit them under the tree.

2. I am obsessed with Peppermint Mochas this time of year. My wallet, however, is not so pleased. So imagine my joy when I found that Coffeemate makes a Peppermint Mocha creamer! But be ye warned, buy the liquid and not powdered version. I don't care how much more it costs. It's WORTH it. Don't make my same mistake, dear reader!

3. I am having trouble sleeping lately. I'm attributing it to Christmas insomnia. I get all excited with presents and travel plans and decorations and then my mind will not turn off. At the rate I'm going, I'll be staying up all night by Saturday.

4. I'm taking Jack to get some professional pictures today. I have a friend who is a photographer on the side and she has her hands on a fancy professional camera and lens this weekend. I'm hoping to get a good shot for our Christmas card. I'm excited to share the results with you!

5. If you're looking for some free Christmas music, Amazon is doing 25 Days of Free again this year. And if you look around the site, they have a TON of free Holiday music samplers.

6. Jack got up at 5:15 this morning. Which means he went down for a nap at 10 am. That's going to make our photo session at 4 go really well!

7. Have you been watching The Sing Off? I really enjoyed both episodes last week. I'm sad that the kids from Kettering Fairmont were eliminated since I drove by their school every day when I lived in our old house. But there's still lots of good groups left and it's just such a fun show. You should check it out!

1 comment:

Tui Snider said...

I'm with ya on the insomnia, except I keep waking up at 4 a.m. for some dang reason!

Thanks for the link to the free tunes on Amazon. How fun!

~Tui