Thursday, January 19, 2006

Of Jobs and Toys

So I got a new job, sort of. One in which I get to wear cute clothes and sit behind a desk and type on a laptop all day long. I enjoy it. I also get to talk to on the phone with complete strangers and completely not care about their personal lives as long as they're willing to give me something. In short, I've gone back into the ministry.

I kid.

I mean, the whole job thing is true, just not the ministry. It was funny, you laughed. It's okay.

I work for the same company I have been with for the past year. Only I am no longer slaving away out on the factory floor cracking a whip and yelling "FASTER!" It's officially a temporary move, but the CFO has approached me about looking into a "more permanent position," so I think I'm there to stay. Yippee!

In other news, I saw the 4th Harry Potter film at the IMAX and it was as awesome as you would expect. I also have been spending embarrasingly large amounts of time playing games on the Nintendo DS my parents gave me for Christmas. (Yes, I am 25.) There is no boyfriend distracting me, since that's the normal reason girls stop blogging for months at a time, you know? They go away all sad and then come back with "exciting news!" Not me, no sirree. I come back with the possibility of a new tax bracket and carpel tunnel from pushing the A button too frequently.

Next time, we'll discuss my opposition to the conspiracy that is iPod repair. Until then, faretheewell.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am 31 and I still love games too. I play on the computer mostly now but I like to break out the playstation once in awhile too. :)

Congrats on the desk job! I hope it is everything you ever wanted in a job. he he he