Friday, January 27, 2006

It's All about the Benjamins, Baby

I was officially offered a permanent position in the office at work. Yay! No more factory work for me! I'm a little worried about my new responsibilities because it sounds like I'm going to be the office snitch. You know? It's like the teacher just made me the hall monitor and now the cool kids will NEVER like me. Frankly, I'm not surprised by this turn of events, because I've been preparing for this job my entire life. I was always the kid who the teacher asked to write down the names of other kids who talked while she was out of the room. Yeah, I was that kid. A complete and total goody-goody two shoes who was way too uptight for her 7 years. I realize the actual job responsibilites are making no sense at this point, but unless you know me personally and we can discuss this job thing on a more private front, it'll just have to remain this way. But trust me when I say this: I am the office's golden snitch.

So with the promotion generally comes more money, but since this a new position that they've never had before (my responsibilities are a hodgepodge of other people's responsibilites), there's no set pay rate or anything. So my value will be ...er, evaluated in 4 weeks and my rate changed accordingly. Let's hope I'm a 24K gold snitch through and through, shall we? My iPod is still broken. And so is my laptop. I'm basically technologically dead in the water. I also need a car that was made in this century and does not sound like a giant dying boar everytime it turns its wheels. Or brakes. Or moves.

No comments: