Sunday, March 13, 2005

I Think A Change Would Do You Good

I cannot go on like this. I hate how my job consumes my life. I have to force myself to not think about it. I find myself working more and more hours. I'm pushing 60 hours a week at a place that I do not enjoy. I feel trapped in those yellow walls. I try to tell myself that it is for the best. This is a time to make some money and get out of debt and enjoy the benefits of insurance. A lot of people my age would love to have a steady income. But I hate it. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I cannot stand it anymore. I dread waking up.

Sunday nights are becoming my most hated time during the week. Because it means that what little time I had to myself is over. And usually, when I look back at that time, I feel as though I didn't make the best use of it.

I have started looking at my job as a living entity. I feel like I'm running away from a monster, but it will always catch me. It rips me open and eats me up and leaves only a shell. I cannot fight it. And every time I feel safe from it clutches, it comes up from nowhere and seizes me.

I don't know what to do.

No comments: