Friday, August 20, 2010

7 Quick Takes - 8/20/10

1. When I got home from play group this morning, I noticed that I had huge wet spots on my abdomen. Like...directly under my bra. Underboob sweat. SEXY.

2. Maybe that's why nobody talked to me very much?

3. I'm currently reading The Passage. It's...a little disturbing. And kind of depressing. I mean, I'm enjoying it and am planning on finishing it. But I can't honestly say that I will recommend it to anyone. It's like The Road meets Alien, so if that's your thing, then this is the book for you.

4. I am planning on taking a break from The Passage to read Mockingjay next week because it finally, finally, finally comes out on Tuesday. I've already pre-ordered it to be delivered to my phone the day it comes out, so I can begin reading it IMMEDIATELY. And yes, I am doing a nerd dance as I type this.

5. I am now on Week 8 of my 10K training. However, I am ditching the 10K training on Monday to begin half marathon training. Oh yeah, baby, I am DOING IT.

6. I had Sesame Street on this morning to help distract Jack while I got everything ready to go to play group. He managed to find the remote and changed the channel to ESPN. I guess he likes football better than Abby Cadabby. Alex is very proud.

7. Jack thinks he can swim. I took him to the pool earlier this week and he kept trying to break away from me. I had brought a covered floatie for him to ride in, but, of course, he got tired of it after a while. I took him out and was letting him play in the water while I held him, but I guess I'm no fun because he kept trying to dive away. It was frustrating, to say the least. But at least he's not scared of water like his momma?

No comments: