Friday, July 16, 2010

Seven Quick Takes - 7/16/10

1. We've been attending a local, gigantic church for a few months now. We haven't really met anyone yet, mostly because the place is so massive. So in a fit of, 'I need to get more involved!' guilt, I decided to volunteer for VBS next week. And y'all, I had to fill out three pages of paperwork, including a BACKGROUND CHECK, and provide a copy of my driver's license. It's the most extensive work I've ever had to do just to volunteer to help kids with glue or serve cookies or whatever job I've been assigned. And Jack and I have to be at the church at 8 am everyday. Ha! Ha! Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

2. I'm sure y'all are dying to know the latest in the continuing adventures of hippie living. I am allergic to certain natural deodorants. Oh yes, you read that right. NATURAL deodorant. As far as I can tell, I'm not allergic to them all, but I am MOST DEFINITELY allergic to Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Deodorant. I think it's the zinc ricinoleate that did me in. I'll spare you the details, but know that an itchy, red rash on your underarms is NOT desirable. Did I mention the itchy part? Because ITCHY, ITCHY, ITCHY.

3. As a result of the rash, I've been trying to wear as little deodorant as possible to allow my poor, wretched armpits time to heal. As you can imagine, I am a DELIGHT to be around! I smell so fresh and wonderful in the 100 degree heat! What a wonderful time of the year to have a deodorant aversion!

4. I am incapable of spelling deodorant correctly. I put an "e" where the second "o" is. I have misspelled it EVERY SINGLE TIME I've written it in this post.

5. I parented solo for 3-ish days this week. And I am proud to report that it was not nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Honestly, I was dreading it. Obviously I spend everyday alone with Jack, but I won't lie and say that I don't countdown the hours until Alex gets home. I need the break, ya know? Especially when it comes to bedtime, but if there is one thing that I absolutely loathe about parenting, it is BEDTIME. HATE. IT. But we survived! And Alex is back and I can now tell you about it without worrying that someone was going to come kill me in the night!

6. Wednesday morning, Jack and I were leaving the apartment to head to Gymboree when I realized that my car was uh, not there. I was like...NO WAY, SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR. And then I noticed it under the covered parking near our apartment. I never park there because you 1) have to pay for the privilege and 2) get towed if you don't. So I never ever ever park there. And yet, there was my car. I couldn't remember exactly where I had left the car, but I knew it had been directly in front of our place. Nothing was missing and everything seemed okay. Plus, Jack and I had been double locked in our apartment since 10:30-ish the previous morning. So there was no way someone had somehow gotten our spare keys. Alex and I think they started to tow my car because they missed our resident sticker and then realized and had to put it back. Why they didn't try to put the car back in its original space, I have no idea. But let me tell you, if you want to have a nice little freak out and question your mental capacity, have someone move your car without your knowledge. That'll do it!

7. I can't spell privilege either. There's no "d!" I can't handle it!

No comments: