Monday, February 16, 2009

V-Day and Quilts, y'all

So I am a dummy and hadn't updated the link to the Griffiths/Griswolds and just went to fix this issue. Except that I think I deleted one of my links in the process. And I have NO IDEA which one. So if you notice that I am not linking to a blog that I used to link to, please let me know.

Valentine's Day was a success in these parts. I'm going to take a moment about brag about my husband. He got up early Saturday morning, went to the grocery store, and then made some amazing french toast, surprising me with it in bed. I think french toast is an excellent way to wake up any day. When I eventually hauled my ginormous self downstairs, I found a beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies, a card, and a box of chocolates. It was a lovely way to start the day and we spent most of it lounging around doing nothing and it was glorious. We ditched our original dinner and a movie plans and headed to the UD game when my brother-in-law offered us his tickets. And the look of joy on Alex's face when he realized that he was going to get to wear a sweatshirt and tennis shoes on Valentine's night was pretty great. I didn't realize how excited he would be about dressing down, but I was like, it's a basketball game. Why would we dress up?

And that's pretty much it. The quilt for the nursery is scheduled to be delivered today and I am DYING to see it. My mom claims this has been the most difficult sewing project EVER and has reportedly cried, cursed, and prayed her way through the entire thing. (Note: my mom believes "dadgummit" is a curse word. She might have also called the quilt "stupid." Scandal!) So I am beyond excited to see the result of her blood, sweat, and tears. She is starting the bumper pads today. I hope those will be easier than the quilt.

Maybe I'll take pictures of my hair today. Maybe. Chances are high I might do it since I will get the camera out for quilt pictures. But don't hold your breath. I am still appalled at the fatness of the face.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Must. See. Pictures...