Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Up to the date-ness

So I bought a wedding dress this weekend. And by "I," I mean "my mom." But that's cool because it's getting delivered to my house in a box of white goodness. I really, really, really want to post a picture of it here, but alas, Alex reads this little site of mine and I'm pretty sure that asking him to avoid my blog until October 20th is asking an awful lot. However, if you want to see a picture of the dress, just let me know and I'll TOTALLY e-mail you one...or twenty.

In other wedding-related news, we also registered! It was a grueling 4 hours at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but we managed to make it through without killing ourselves. And being the gluttons for punishment that we are, we left there and headed to Target to register for even MORE stuff. I think it's because I've been looking forward to registering for, oh, half my life, and so I was willing to put in a long day to fulfill my childhood fantasy of wandering around a store with a laser gun. It was actually a lot of fun, if not weirdly guilt inducing. I felt a little weird about picking out items and then expecting others to gift me with them. However, those thoughts quickly exited my mind every single time I got to scan something. I'm like a little kid. Seriously.

In non-wedding-related news, I started my new job yesterday and am loving it so far. It's a very small company and I am the only girl. Which is awesome, because the office looks like a bachelor pad. It has now fallen upon me to bring a "woman's touch" to the office. Which is hilarious considering that I am NOT that girl. My idea of girliness is not peeing on the toilet seat. And that's about it. So it'll be interesting when they realize that the only difference of having me in the office is that they now have to lift the seat up if they use the facilities after me.

And that's it. I have a ranting post about wedding cake almost ready to go. I started it last week in the midst of my hatred of a certain local bakery, but never got to finish it in the midst of the horribleness of finishing my old job (worst 2 weeks ever!), meeting with every florist in the city (too many flowers!), and packing to head down to wedding-land with momzilla (weddings are the devil!). It's been busy, but good. Although I must admit I now need a 3 day weekend to recover from this last one. Irony is my friend.

No comments: