Monday, February 14, 2011

Sickly Valentine

Jack woke up with a 102.5 degree fever this morning. We weren't all that surprised because he spent all day yesterday with a fever. He was super fussy and all around miserable. I kept him home from Parents' Day Out (obvs) and took him to the doctor this afternoon. The verdict? Mystery disease. It's a virus of some sort. But who knows? Just keep pumping him full of Motrin and liquids and wait. I can't tell you how frustrated I was with this diagnosis. I was SURE it was strep or maybe another ear infection, but no. Nothing easily identifiable. And he is really, incredibly miserable and I just feel so bad that I can't fix it. Poor kid.

Needless to say, Alex and I had to nix our plans for a (not at all) romantic lunch date. Which would normally not be that big of a deal but I haven't eaten in a restaurant in 3 weeks, which is an ETERNITY for me and I was really, really, REALLY looking forward to EATING at a RESTAURANT with a WAITER. Someone was going to serve me and then take the plates away and I wasn't going to worry about any of it and I was even planning on ordering tea. TEA! Yes, this is the exciting kind of life I lead.

So we got take out Chinese and Icees for dinner. Jack is finally in bed, Alex is out getting some groceries and I'm blogging while watching season 1 of Bones on Netflix. Not very romantic. But that's okay.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: