Monday, September 10, 2007

Moving Along...

We have secured our marriage license. This is key in the process of getting married. So, that's one more thing down.

And we've gone over the program multiple times. And by "we," I mean "me." Alex, I believe, is tiring of the wedding preparation process and is ready to be done with it already. Not that I blame him. This constant state of stress and annoyance is getting to be a bit much. I'm not very focused on my studies (Did I mention I went back to school? Cause I went back to school. Graduate school. First semester. And I'm getting married. Hahahahahahahahaha! Timing couldn't be better!) and I have this creeping feeling that I'm falling behind and will reach the end of the semester and it'll be just like that dream where you go to class and it's your final and you're not prepared at all. Or naked. I mean, I'm pretty sure I won't show up to class naked, but it's that embarrassed, exposed feeling that's just so icky. Kind of like how Britney Spears must feel right now. (Oy! That poor girl.)

I've had the (unfortunate) experience of running into multiple people from my past these past few days. All of whom are people that I'd prefer to never see again and yet they keep popping up. These are people I haven't seen in years. Years! And then BAM! They're EVERYWHERE. Most of them I don't actually hold contempt for, it's just that when I see them, I immediately think nasty thoughts about myself and feel all icky and introspective-y in the worst way. And I'd much prefer to remain shallow and happy, thank you very much. So I'm just going to have ban half of the northern part of this city. Awesome. My friend Erin calls it "blacklisting." This is something I will steal from her. Now.

Did you know I'm getting married in less than 12 days? Because I am.
HO.
LY.
CRAP.

1 comment:

She Smiles said...

Think about it this way, by bringing the wedding forward you have shortened the amount of time you have to panic, stress and allow it to dominate your life. We brought ours forward 3 weeks and I am SO glad we did.