Monday, November 02, 2009

Hi, I'd like a Do Over

Today. Oh my gosh, y'all. TODAY. It has been just a crappy, crappy, crappy day.

-I woke up to the dulcet sounds of Parsnip puking on the bedspread next to me.

-The baby has peed through three outfits so far. It's only 3 pm, so we've still got time to pee through a few more! He also got pee all over his pack and play sheet during Nap #2.

-Nap #3 was undone by a failed bed to crib transition. And I really think I was very gentle. But that little booger woke up and WOULD NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP.

-The baby is on Nap #4 as I type this at 3 pm. NUMBER FOUR. I have officially joined the parent train that hates the time change.

-The baby is also cranky. Could be from the maddeningly short naps, but I am very confident that teething is the real culprit. He won't eat much and is drooling more than usual. But there is NOTHING to show for this. Not a thing. The few times I can get my grubby little finger into his mouth, he SCREAMS. So the best I can tell, there is no imminent tooth break through. Which means we will continue having a cranky baby FOREVER AND EVER. OMG.

-I found hair all over my 2% Colby/Jack cheese square. AFTER I had already eaten half of it.

-In a search for a clean sports bra, I discovered dog poop in between the washer and dryer. In several places. Poop from the big dog.

-I was so mad about the poop, that I just assumed the clothes in the laundry basket were dirty, which included both of my good sports bras. So I angrily shoved it all back in the washing machine. I later complained to Alex about it and he was all...um, those clothes were clean.

-I didn't lose nearly as much weight this week that I thought I would. Could be from lack of sleep and/or lack of calories. Either way, I am frustrated with just bouncing between the same pound or two for over a week now.

Gah! Just...gah! Too many bodily fluids from other creatures. Too! Many! So I'm going to go eat some jello and pray it is hair-free. Sand Palace OUT.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Ewwww, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You got me at the dog poo.

I hope tomorrow is a much happy and cleaner day for all of you.